I’m posting this one today, so the family news for this week is that I’ll be heading to see Frankie this weekend. The Rhodes family is in the process of adopting him from Haiti. You can follow our journey here. Here is a post today that I put on my blog.
This is my friend Jamie in this picture with Frankie. Jamie and her husband lead our trip this past May to Haiti and since then they had been back to see their kids and were able to see Frankie. I love this picture. But what I love even more is that tomorrow I’ll finally be in a picture with Frankie as well and I can’t wait!
I leave this evening to fly to Dallas and then tomorrow morning will fly to Miami and then will be in Haiti by lunch (if all goes as scheduled). Does someone want to come and pinch me? I have very random emotions and thoughts flying through this crazy head of mine…..
- Oh how I hate flying. Some long flights these next 2 days.
- I can’t wait to see Sarah tonight. We are meeting up in Dallas and spending the long weekend together with our kids.
- I can’t believe I am getting to go back to Haiti. Last May when I left and looked out the plane window as it faded in the background…. I never imagined that by January I would be returning. That we would be adopting Frankie. That I would get to go back with some awesome girls from our team (Sarah and Debra) that I did not know when I would see again.
- I am looking forward to meeting Shelley who we will be staying with and seeing Tara and Beth.
- It feels weird leaving my girls. Dave travels all the time and comes and goes but this mommy is not used to doing that. I hate leaving my family.
- Am I really meeting Frankie for the first time tomorrow? Yes I am nervous.. but not really??? It’s a weird feeling. I’m his mom but he’s also almost 2 and that is a big age for stranger anxiety. I am just praying for a great time of many moments this weekend together.
- I wonder if I have any clue as to what I am in for as far as being with Frankie a few days and then having to come home… knowing we are not even in IBESR yet.
- I pray every day that our papers will get entered. We really want to begin this process officially. I can’t wait to learn more about our status when we are down there.
- Please let my bags be both right at and under 50lbs. I’m taking in some supplies and the bags seem pretty heavy to me. I hardly packed any clothes for myself… I’ll worry till I get them checked in.
- I am so blown away but all the support we have received so far… financial, emotional, prayer support. So many people have been so encouraging to us in this journey. Much love to you all.
- And for the family who gave me the free ticket to see Frankie this weekend….. Thank you for your amazing gift to me. No words.
And those are a few of my randoms this morning. Hopefully I’ll get to post some this weekend from Haiti and if not I’ll be sure to update everyone from our trip when I return.